HUMAN HAIR LACE WIGS
1. What is Lace Front Wig and Full Lace Wig?
Lace Front Wig: "Lace Front Wig" or Front Lace Wig only has lace in the front of the wig and the remainder of the wig is made from a regular netted wig cap or other materials such as thin-skin. You are able to wear a front lace wig in high up dos or ponytails
Full Lace Wig: "Full Lace Wigs" are lace wigs which are designed with the entire wig cap being made from lace as well as lace all around the perimeter of the wig. Full lace wigs do not allow you to wear your hair in high up dos and ponytails. Upon applying & adhering the lace wig, a flawless, natural and undetectable hairline is created.
2. What are Bleached Knots?
When a dark hair is tied to the base of a lace wig with a knot, you can see a dark dot on the skin, especially when the base is lace. Lace cannot hide the knot in the same way a monofilament base does. Bleached knots usually are only done at the front of the lace wig and it helps create the illusion that your hair is growing out of your head.
3. What does Density refer to?
The density refers to how thick the hair is and what density you order is really based on personal choice. Most women achieve a natural appearance with light to medium or medium density; however, your choice will depend on your styling preferences and individual profile.
4. How long I can expect the wig to last?
The life of your wig will depend on your use and care of it. If handled properly, it should last you about 6 months before needing hair added or a repair. If used as your main form of hair replacement and you are using daily, it is realistic to expect it to last 3-6 months before needing a repair or hair added.
5. Will the hairline on the lace wig have a natural look?
Yes, when you wear the lace wigs correctly according to our user guide, the hairline will have a natural look, just similar as your own hair growing from your scalp. For customer order, we recommend you to have baby hairs around the front and perimeter of the wig and make the hairline with more natural looking.
6. Do you charge extra for Baby Hair? Does the wig come with Baby Hair?
Our inventory wigs all have baby hair around the perimeter. It is free of charge. Also, you can select to add baby hair around front only, back only, all around the perimeter or no baby hair of custom wigs. Most people choose to add baby hair all around the perimeter which makes the lace wig have a more natural looking.
7. Does the straight hair wave up when being wet?
If it is silky straight, our answer is "Yes, it does". But after it is dry, the silky straight style will be back. The Yaki Perm Straight and Light Yaki textures do not wave up when wet.
8. What is Yaki Texture and what is the difference between Yaki and Silky?
Yaki texture is process we do to your wig that adds a micro kink to the hair strands to mimic Africa-American people relaxed hair. The silky straight hair texture is the natural state of the Indian Hair as it comes from the donor. It is look like the wig of ofay. If you are Caucasian, we recommend you choose silky texture.
9. What is the difference between Full Lace Cap with Stretch and Full Lace Cap without Stretch?
These two caps are with lace all around the perimeter and available for you to wear your hair in updos and high ponytails. When the caps are glued down, the wig will have a natural hairline all around the perimeter. The unit can be parted anywhere as you wish. Full lace cap with stretch will be helpful for adjustment on your head size. Full lace cap with ear to ear stretch can be adjusted in Circumference. Full lace cap with stretch in crown can be adjusted in crown. Full lace cap without stretch does not have stretch and can be worn by women without hair or with scarce hair.
10. What is the difference between Swiss lace & French lace?
Swiss lace is finer and softer than French lace. Swiss lace is with better and natural looking to match the skin. French lace is a bit thicker and more durable for use. Both two types of laces can be dyed to match different skins.
11. Do I have to wear a wig cap with the wig?
No, you do not need to use any wig caps under the wig. You can easily part your own hair at the same point as your wig before wearing the unit, which will strengthen your parting on the wig while use.
12. Is the wig available for being parted as I wish?
Yes, all our lace wigs can be parted anywhere, this is free styled. Our wigs are all freestyle.
13. Can I wear my lace wig in a high ponytail?
Yes, you can wear your wig in a high ponytail once you apply around your full perimeter with adhesives. You will need a cap construction that is made with lace around the perimeter.
14. What kind of Glue or tape should I choose?
If you want a 1-6 week hold,you will want to purchase the Ultra Hold glue or the Safe Grip Wig Glue.For a 1-10 day hold the Mity Tite is best. Some prefer the ease of rolling on tape adhesive.Or use glue in the front hair line and tape in the back.
15. Will the glues and tapes break my skin out?
Just like any other new product that you may use, we do recommend that you do a skin test of you are prone to irritation or have sensitive skin. 98% of customer has no problem with the glue or tape.If you have sensitive skin, you may want to start out with the Spirit Gum or Hollisters Medical Adhesive.
16. I have sensitive skin, which glue should I use?
If you have sensitive skin, you should start out with the Spirit Gum. You can also try the Hollisters Medical Adhesive which we will be adding to the site shortly. Also,just like any other new product that you may use, we do recommend that you do a skin test of you are prone to irritation or have sensitive skin.
Payment Related Questions
17. What payment options do you offer?
For your privacy and security, we accept payment via PayPal. You can use bank account, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express to make PayPal payments. As the safest and most convenient payment method, PayPal can protect you from any fraud. Any questions please check at www.paypal.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to order
18. At present we only accept orders from our web site.
Simply click on buy and that will take you to our web based ordering system. It is quick, easy and safe. Our web site is secure and no one else will be able to access your confidential information. After you place your online order, we will send an order confirmation to your e-mail address so that you know we have received your order.
How to Choose Wig
19. How to find my size?
In order to buy the lace wigs which can perfectly fit you, you should take your measurements carefully. Before you start pin hair as flat and as tight as possible before taking the measurements. This will eliminate bulges that distort head contours.
1. Circumference: Measure all around the head. Position tape measure so its edge follows the hair line around the head and nape of the neck.
2. Front to Nape: Measure from hairline at center of forehead straight back over crown to center of hairline at nape of neck.
3. Ear to Ear across forehead: At front of ear, measure from hairline at base of sideburn, up across the hair line along forehead to same point in front of other ear.
4. Ear to Ear over top: Measure from hairline directly above the ear across top of head to the hairline directly above the other ear.
5. Temple to Temple round back: From temple to temple across the back of head.
6. Nape of Neck: Measure the width of hairline across the nape of the neck.
Note: 1. If your measurements are between sizes or do not match exactly to the chart, we suggest selecting the larger size that is closest to your measurements. 2. The size of the wigs may slightly different depending on the manufacture of the wig.
20. How to find my color?
The safest way to get the color that best matches your own hair is to take advantage of our Color Chart. Generally if you are looking for a complete change, always remember it is more flattering to choose a lighter shade than your own to create a softer and more youthful look. If you go darker the effects can be quite harsh and unflattering, you would need to wear a much darker make-up to balance your look. Note: Different settings on individual monitors may distort or change colors, so the real hair color may be slightly different from what you see here.
21. How to find right wig for my face shape?
As its name implies, the Oval Shaped Face is longer than wide, with a jaw that's narrower than the cheekbones.
22. How to find right length?
The hair length should be from the head top to the hair bottom as the hair is straight. the curl and wavy wig is process from straight wig, so in the same length, curl and wavy wig will be shorter by 1"-2" (it depends on how deep the curl is) than straight wig.
23. What color lace is best suited to my skin tone?
The color of lace varies according to different factors. But whatever lace you choose, the most important point is to bring you a natural appearance by showing the similar or nearly same color as your skin tone. Most ladies prefer to choose a lace with color close to their skin tone, also you can realize the effect by using makeup, then it's best to select a shade that can blend with your own skin tone. If you decide to use makeup, a shade close to or lighter than your own will be perfect.
Our standard lace colors are:
Transparent - suitable for most complexions
Light brown - suitable for women with light brown
Skin brown - suitable for those with medium brown complexions
Dark brown - suitable for those with dark brown skin
Shopping Related Questions
24. Do you offer discounts?
When you register with us, you can get a $5 coupon code which you can use when placing order. Besides coupon, we also provide free gift. Please check.
For some festival, we will send coupon code or discount information to our dear customers via email， so please register with a valid email address.
Limit one discount coupon per order
25. What do I do if the items I received in my shipment are not what I ordered?
While we try our best to process your order as quickly as possible, sometimes errors can occur in fulfilling an order. Other times, the merchandise may be damaged during the shipping process. In these situations we want to do everything we can to fix the error as quickly as possible. If we made an error in the fulfillment of your order (e.g. you received an item you did not order) or if our shipping guarantee was not met, follow the instructions below.
Depending on the item you ordered and the time of year, we may be able to ship the correct item immediately. In other cases that may not be possible. The customer service representative responding to your claim will let you know what we can do and the time frame in which we can do it. In either case, we will need the incorrect item returned to us. Go to our Return Policy for more details about returning your package.
All items are thoroughly checked prior to shipping. If an item is damaged, missing pieces, wrong item sent or destroyed in shipping, please contact us within 24 hours from the date you received the package (excluding Saturday and Sunday). After 24 hours have passed, humanhair-lacewigs will not be responsible for the items.
26. After my order is submitted, can I make changes to it or cancel it?
Any changes or cancellation must be made before 11:00AM EST. Changes or cancellation made after 11:00AM EST will be charged $5 or 5% of the total whichever is greater. There is no cancellation fee for any request to cancel, or change if the request is made before the order processes at 11:00AM EST i.e.) If you place an order on Friday before 11:00AM EST, you need to call us by 11:00AM EST on the same day in order to cancel or change your order. If you place an order after 11:00AM EST on Friday, you can call us by 11:00AM EST on Saturday. If you make an error or you want to cancel your order after it has been authorized and shipped, we're sorry but there is nothing we can do until you receive your order. You’ll need to receive the order first and then return it (in accordance with our Return Policy) for a refund. We will charge shipping and handling fee if your package is already shipped out. If a package delivery is refused by the customer and sent back to us for any reason, the returned shipping cost will be automatically deducted from the customer’s Refund.
* Standard Cancellation Policy does not Apply to "Express" Shipping Orders. Changes or cancellation must be made immediately, within the same day of placing “Express” order by 11:00AM EST. Changes or cancellation made after 11:00AM EST will be charged $30.00 or 15% whichever is greater per order.
27. If I place an order today, when will I receive it?
Please review our Shipping & Tracking
28. How can I determine what the shipping costs for my order will be?
We offer free shipping worldwide. For Free Shipping, we will ship via USPS which takes 5-10 business days. You can choose DHL which is $15 and item can reach you in 4-7 business days.
29. Can you ship my order internationally?
Yes, and it is FREE.
30. How can I track my order?
Once we ship your order you will receive an email from us which may include a tracking number. You can easily track your item on the following links:
31. My shipment was returned to you. What can I do?
If a package delivery is refused or returned by the customer and sent back to us for any reason, the shipping cost caused in this transaction will be automatically deducted from the customer’s Refund. If you want your order to be shipped back to you again, you may do so by paying the shipping and handling fee $25.
32. I received my shipment but one of the items is broken, missing or wrong item sent. What do I do?
All items are thoroughly checked prior to shipping. If an item is damaged, missing pieces, wrong item sent or destroyed in shipping, do not through away the shipping box we sent, put all the items back inside the box and contact us within 24 hours from the time you received the package (excluding Saturday and Sunday). After 24 hours have passed, humanhair-lacewigs will not be responsible for the items.
Returns & Refund Related Questions
Please review our Return Policy and Refund Policy.
33. How to Wash a Wig？
1) put wig on a head model or a fixed bracket when it's not used. All wigs made of any material used for a long time are subject to be polluted and changed on style, so the cap is more recommended due to fixedness and easy cleaning.
2) fill a washbasin with COOL water and gentle shampoo, then submerge wig into water for about 5-7 minutes
3) swish wig gently and rinse it thoroughly till no suds remain
4) lightly shake wig and let water drop, DO NOT BRUSH WIG WHEN WET
5) place the wig on a bath towel to completely dry overnight, or you may place it on a folding wig stand, which will speed up the drying process
6) When completely dry, brush wig into desired style, DO NOT BRUSH CURLS
34. Can I straighten and curl my lace wig hair?
The hair is 100% human hair that can withstand household styling tools such as curling irons and flat irons. You can wash, set, and style the wig as you would your own hair. But like your natural hair, the hair can get damaged with the misuse and overuse of products.
35. How often should I wash my wig?
It's various for different people depending on various factors, like wearing frequency, hair spray, smoke, climate, care treatment, etc. Generally you can wash it every 10-12 wearings or every 4-6 weeks.
36. Can these wigs be cut?
Yes, but we don't recommend you do so, since the style and curl will be destroyed. But they will be better or look more acceptable when thinned or pruned by an experienced hairdresser.
37. Can I dye the hair?
The technical answer is yes, but we do not recommend any further processing of the hair if it has already been dyed and processed. Further, only experienced colorists should attempt to color the hair. Remember that though the hair is 100% human hair, it is just as prone to damage from excessive processing as your own hair. We cannot and will not be responsible for the results.
38. Is it okay to get the lace wig wet while swimming?
It is ok for the lace wig to get wet; you can even go swimming with it. Before swimming, please verify that your adhesive is waterproof. Also, do not go swimming until after your application has dried for at least 8 hours. Before swimming, place the hair on the wig in a low ponytail. This will help ensure the hair does not tangle from the chlorine while swimming. After swimming, you may need to wash and condition the wig.
39. How to prevent and deal with hair tangles?
Don't you hate it when your hair becomes so tangled up that your hair ends up looking like a big mess? We all have our own experiences when it comes to hair tangles and they are not really pretty memories that we would want to cherish or reminisce.
The good thing is that there are proven techniques on how to stop your hair from tangling into a complicated maze of hair strands and how to deal with it if in case it happens.
1. Use a volumizing shampoo if your hair is fine or thin. Usually fine and thin hair are prone to tangling and by using shampoos that add volume and movement to thin strands, you can minimize the chances of encountering tangles with your hair.
2. Rinse with cold or cool water. Cold water helps close the cuticle, which not only adds radiance to the hair but also prevent many forms of hair tangles.
3. Avoid rubbing your hair vigorously with a towel. After taking a bath, people usually dry their hair by rubbing with towel. But this can only cause more tangling. The better way to dry your hair is to blot it gently with a towel.
4. Use a detangling spray or conditioning product that will help reduce hair tangles. It can be in a form of leave on conditioner that you can apply on the area where most tangles occur.
5. Do not use a brush on hair that is already tangled. Remove the tangles first by gently pulling the strands with your fingers or a wide tooted comb.
6. Make a habit of combing your hair from the bottom upwards.
7. Do not allow your hair to fly freely in the wind unless you want to have a hair full of tangles afterwards.
8. Never wet your hair when it is already tangled because this will only worsen the situation. Instead, spritz the tangle with a shine serum spray and then massage the knotted area with the palms of your hands. This will help loosen up the tangled area. Untangle with your fingers or a wide toothed comb afterwards.
9. Use high quality hair irons. Hair irons like Corioliss straighteners are great for giving your hair a straightened look that is free from frizz and fly-aways. Hair that is smooth and sleek is less prone to tangles.It is always smart to opt to buy high quality hair irons such as Corioliss straighteners because these are equipped with a negative ion technology that produces radiant and beautiful hair without the fuss.
10. Untangle your knotted hair immediately. Do not wait until tomorrow or next week until you do something about the tangles in your head.
Hair tangles is one of the most common hair problems that we encounter often. Even though this is such an annoying trouble that can easily get us upset and bothered, we just have to remember the helpful techniques mentioned in this article to prevent and deal with hair tangles.
Few Styling tips from our Beauty Consultants
1. Don’t try to get every hair in place. This can end up making the finest wig look "wiggy”.
2. If the style you’ve chosen offers flexibility, don’t be afraid to try different looks using a good wig brush or styling comb.
3. If you have a round or square shaped face, try to add height at the top while keeping the sides closer to your head.
4. If you have a longer face, try to minimize height at the top and fluff up the sides.
5. To hold the style in place, use a good wig spray such as Styling Spray.